Moviepage Triple Threat, 2019 and Interview Scott Adkins
This breakneck thriller teams over half a dozen of the world’s biggest action stars for the martial arts film event of the year. When a hit contract is taken out on a billionaire’s daughter (Celina Jade) intent on bringing down a major crime syndicate, a team of wanted mercenaries (Tony Jaa, Tiger Chen) must take on a group of professional assassins (Scott Adkins, Michael Jai White, Michael Bisping) to stop them from hitting their target. Also featuring Iko Uwais and Jeeja Yanin.
"Scott Adkins is the real standout, not only getting to show off his martial arts skills but getting some of the film’s best lines. Adkins still takes part in some of the film’s most impressive action scenes and his fans will not be disappointed, even if he is playing the bad guy."
Triple Threat Film comes to US theaters for one night only March 19th! On Digital and VOD March 22
March 16, 2019.
We were lucky that we were able to ask Scott Adkins a few questions about his next sensational film 'Triple Threat'. Many thanks to Scott for taking the time to answers them!
- So, there are a lot of talented martial arts guys in the movie. What is this film going to add more to the Martial Arts film genre?
This is the biggest martial arts cast EVER assembled for a martial arts film. We all have great respect for one another and wanted to work together so we jumped at the chance. I’ve always wanted to work with Tony Jaa for such a long time and we finally get to do it and I don’t think fans will be disappointed. Of course its an added bonus that I got to also work with Iko and Tiger. Its full of action and there’s plenty of fight action.
- With this big cast, is the presence of everyone and especially of you enough covered in the film?
The director Jess Johnson did a great job of giving each of us their moment and I personally really enjoyed playing Collins. My writing partner Stu Small who wrote Accident Man with me came onboard and added some great dialogue for my character to get his teeth in to. Its a fun part and Micheal Jai White, Bisping, Jeeja and Ron all enjoyed playing baddies.
- In your recent films with Jesse V. Johnson - The Debt Collector, Accident Man - , you had plenty of opportunities to show your acting talent. Does that also apply for this film? Or do we mainly see you in action scenes?
I have a ton of dialogue. Having worked with Jesse on Accident Man I believe he trusted that I would do a good job so he wrote me a great part with lots of dialogue and some great action. I owe him a beer for sure!
- What about the budget for this production? Often you only had a few days to shoot scenes for lower budget films; what were your experiences on the set of Triple Threat?
I think it was 5 or 6 weeks. Not massive but certainly enough time for us to do a good job. Pre-production was very little time compared to the shoot as they started without a finished script but thats the way it goes sometimes.
- The last time you played with a lot of stars in a movie was Expendables 2. Can you make a comparison between working on that film and this film?
Expendables was an entirely different situation for me. Whenever you are working with actors you looked up to as a kid you have a reverence for them that you cannot escape. I was like a kid in a candy store and also somewhat intimidated by the experience. It was a small part also. For this I am working with my contemporaries and colleagues as apposed to my “heroes” so it allowed me to be much more collaborative and creative. On Expendables I just did as I was told.
- What can we expect from the tone of voice in the film. For example can we expect humour or is the focus more on violence and action?
It’s pretty light hearted with a healthy dose of violence. It’s an entertaining movie.Thats all we want, for the fans to be entertained and have a great time.
- Our best reason to watch this movie is that you are in it. What do you think is the best reason to watch Triple Threat?
Of course me! (laughs) Its a must see for fans of action and especially martial arts fans. The best of the best duking it out together. It will be one of the best martial arts film this year - we cannot forget Ip Man 4 of course which will be released in July.